Friday, February 19, 2016

On an adventure in the Sunshine - Stuck? Sketches Feb 15




Check out the mid-month reveal at Stuck? sketches It is a really cool sketch (as usual from Laura).  I couldn't resist playing along. Here is my take. I kept fairly close to the original design and showcased this single photo of my daughters and little son out for a bike ride on Benjis 7th birthday. It was such a special day because Benji got a new 2-wheel bike for his birthday and he absolutely fell in love with it. 



For my background I spray inked a piece of white cardstock then mounted a sheet of cloud patterned vellum (which I have had in my stash for ages) over the top. I inked, stamped and added a selection of PP strips and washi tape to form a base for my photo.


I used up a lot of odds and ends on this page and I really love how it turned out. Thanks for visiting my blog today :)

5 comments:

Laura Creates said...

This is amazing Sarah, love your vertical strips and all your inky bits. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! so nice to have you play along!

Sarah said...

Love this page - all the layering and techniques - fabulous work - thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Using up bits and pieces....YAY! Great feeling, huh? You had me at that row of blue hearts. The perfect colour and focal point.....ADORE the 'adventure' words & I really, REALLY love that title. Another stunner. I have always admired your scrappy style. Nothing's changed! Still do!!!

Sandy Ross said...

This is just stunning Sarah....amazing layering and background details! I love everything about your layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

KerrynF said...

Simply awesome work!!Love the layers and distress. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Blog Archive